Sunday, August 1, 2010

Advice: Written on the Back of a Business Card

In 2009, I was invited to give a presentation to a group of interns at the US Army command where I was working. It seemed to me that these young minds could use some advice on becoming successful in their new careers. So I asked several people in my professional network to give me the one piece of advice that they would write on the back of their own business card and give to a fresh college graduate.

I thought I would get a dozen or so responses. I received 250 -- which looked like a book to me. So I use the "business card" idea to create a book of short advice, along with the name and position of the person who provided it. It has been hugely popular with both the seasoned people who gave the advice and the college graduates.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home